Monday, October 19, 2015

Transfer Calls

Hello everyone! 

We had our transfer calls on Saturday, and I'm staying here in Centerton with Sister Kitchen! I'm so happy! I am thinking that I will probably be here a long time because Sister Kitchen goes home after this next transfer, and I don't think they would send me away from here when she leaves. 



Every week just keeps on getting better! I went on two different exchanges this week. I love to see what other areas and other sisters are like! It's fun to be away from this area every once in a while to experience what the rest of the mission is like. Bentonville and Centerton are pretty normal, but I've never experienced anything like the other areas I visited! The streets are really narrow and confusing, there are a lot of dirt roads, the people are more of what I thought southern people are like, and the houses are all so far apart. I was able to meet one of the girls that Sarah (my sister) taught and baptized on her mission in Colorado! I was on an exchange in Barryville and she came to a lesson we had with an investigator. After I introduced myself, she told me that a Sister Jacobsen converted her when she lived in Colorado. We were both so excited to meet each other! 


While I was on another exchange in Springdale, Sister Kitchen was able to teach Kayla and Alisha about the restoration of the gospel. At the end, Alisha set a date to be baptized right before Sister Kitchen leaves. We are all so excited! Kayla is falling a little behind, but we will have her set a date soon, because she is so prepared.


We were also able to go to the pumpkin patch with a family of investigators. It was so much fun! We raced on bike-like things and I lost :( We saw cute baby pigs, an alpaca, goats, horses, and a lot of other farm animals! We also went through a corn maze and got pumpkins. They are such a sweet family! 



Thank you for all of your prayers and support! I love all of you so much!


Sister Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment