Monday, September 14, 2015

First Week in Arkansas!

Hello, Friends!

I don't even know where to begin! So much has happened in the past week!  While I was at the MTC, I was able to go the the temple with my zone! It was such a humbling experience to see all of my friends there with me. On Tuesday, I had a really rough day, but God knows how to answer prayers! We had a devotional with Bishop Gerald Causse, First Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric, along with his wife.  
They talked about the exact things that I had concerns about! The Spirit was so strong in that room! I know that God knows all of us personally and knows exactly how to answer our prayers. They may not come in the way we expect or maybe even want, but He will answer them. 

I finally got to Arkansas on Wednesday! We came to the mission home in Bentonville and they fed us an amazing homemade dinner.  First, we went over some basic rules and guidelines and the next morning, we were all sent to our areas! I have been sent to serve in two wards here in Bentonville with Sister Kitchen!  She is so amazing!  She is so patient and kind.  She knows just how far to push me so I can learn and grow as a missionary, but not completely freak out. One of the first people we visited was this 94-year-old lady named Naoma. We ironed a few of her shirts for her and shared a message.  She LOVES mormons and thinks they are so amazing and wants to be a member, but is scared to come to church.  She loves to talk and talk and tell us really long, elaborate stories about her life.  She gave me one of her skirts to have from the 60's and I love it so much!


On my first Saturday in Bentonville, one ward had an Emergency Preparedness Fair at the church! We volunteered from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm. Most of the time we were behind the curtain giving candy and toys out at the kid's 'fishing' game. 


Because we are serving in two wards, we get to go to 6 hours of church.  It was bring-a-friend-to-church day for the first ward we attended!  We had five of our investigators there.  Most of them left right after sacrament meeting, but we were so happy they came!  In the second ward we attended, a brother was giving his farewell talk before he left on his mission. It was a crazy day, but the best Sunday I've had on a mission so 

far ;)

We have so many investigators!  I'm still trying to get to know their names and remember their stories. They have so much faith and I love all of them so much! I hope to be able to help show them the joy that this gospel can bring. I love this church and gospel so much! I know that I am called of God to share my testimony and love for the gospel.  I am so grateful for God's trust in me to do this important work.


Thank you for all of your love and support while I serve the Lord!


Sister Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment