Friday, September 11, 2015

MTC....the happiest place on earth!

Hey Everyone!

It's been another great week at the MTC! About an hour after I sent last week's email, I got a bad cold.  I had a sore throat, headache, runny nose, and felt nauseous.  I'm feeling better now though! I just have to blow my nose ever few hours! God definitely helped me through and I was able to learn and feel the spirit just as much as everyone else here!  My branch president came up to me after church and said, "It looked like you were deep in thought today, what's on your mind?"  I laughed and told him that I was actually planning an escape route to the closest trash can and trying not to have to use it.  Even though I was feeling really sick last week, it was still the best week of my life!
The Sisters in my District

I feel like I've been here for months, but I also can't believe that it's already time to email again. The MTC does weird things to your perspective on time... On Sunday, I was able to watch "The Character of Christ," a devotional given to missionaries by David A Bednar.  It changed my life! Overall, it talked about how Christ turns out when the natural man would turn in.  He would always serve and love others, even when He was going through so much! 

I had a really rough day on Tuesday.  Sister Hannig and I were having a hard time with our investigators and didn't  know what the next step was to increase their faith. We asked our teacher, and he just told us to pray about it.  Honestly, I didn't like that answer because I just wanted him to tell us! Later that night, Dallin H Oaks came to speak with us.  He answered all of our prayers! After that experience, I know that God is always looking out for us and answers all of our prayers.  We taught another one of our investigators last night and her faith was so strong!  She followed through with our commitments and told us that she wanted to be baptized for that peaceful, comforting feeling (the Spirit) all of the time.  During that lesson, I opened my heart fully to God and let the Spirit direct me in what to say for the first time.  Listening to the Spirit makes missionary life so easy!  All you have to do is open your mouth, and God will teach them.

I know that God loves us and wants to hear our prayers.  He doesn't want us to feel unhappy, that is why He gave His only begotten Son to come to earth and not only suffer for our sins, but to experience our pains and afflictions so we don't have to feel alone in this world (Alma 7:11-13).

Sister Jacobsen


Provo Temple with my District



No comments:

Post a Comment