Monday, September 21, 2015

Good Advice...

Hi Everyone!

Everything has already blurred together! Hopefully I don't repeat anything from last week's email. 

My companion is also the Sister Training Leader, so she often has meetings or exchanges with other leaders or sisters in our area. On Tuesday, I was dropped off in Springdale to be "babysat" by the sisters there while Sister Kitchen was in a really long meeting. We did service at a food bank, ate lunch, and then spent a few more hours doing service at a thrift store! It was really fun:) We also had a zone conference on Friday with President and Sister Loveland. I was able to see a few people from my zone at the MTC. We talked a lot about getting members involved in missionary work and how to be a better teacher. 
Sister Jacobsen with Sister Kitchen

The members in my area are so amazing! They tell us about how they share the gospel with friends or neighbors like it's no big deal!  One less-active member casually texted us and said, "I gave two of my friends copies of the Book of Mormon and they are read to have the first discussion on Friday at 7:15pm. I hope you can make it, otherwise, could you find other missionaries to come?" Sister Kitchen and I were so excited! Having members be so involved lets us focus on our purpose--to invite people to come unto Christ by helping them apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ in their lives. To the members reading this email: if you want to help the missionaries, share the gospel with your friends, go with them on exchanges, or find ways for them to serve. To the nonmembers reading this email: you should be nice to the missionaries because being a missionary is so hard emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually!

Volunteering at a preparedness fair.

I spotted my first tornado...at the preparedness fair!
Last night at dinner, I was talking with a member about what we should do when there's a tornado. I told him that my family heard that it was a good idea to tie myself to a toilet, because usually, the toilet is the last thing standing in a tornado.  They thought that was so funny! Apparently that's NOT what you are supposed to do!  It is as simple as going into a room, preferably a bathroom, away from the windows. 
Bathroom: aka tornado shelter :)

Thank you for all of your love and support!

Sister Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment