Monday, January 18, 2016

On to Springfield!

Hey, Everyone!

This week has been crazy! I had to say goodbye to all of the people in Centerton :( I cried a lot. It was especially hard to say goodbye to Hannah two days before she was baptized :( But I heard it went great! I am so happy for her!


We met a lot of amazing people here in Springfield! I am companions with Sister Ritter, and Elder Dye and Elder Belnap are also serving in this ward. We live right next to Missouri State University, so we do a lot of things on campus. It's weird to go from a family ward to a college campus! Everyone in this ward is so nice! Our Bishop is so great, too! He cares so much about missionary work and will do anything for us. He's the best :)
MSU Campus

The Donut Delivery Ambulance :)
The theme for this ward this year is, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). I love this scripture! It reminds me of Moroni 7:33 "And Christ hath said; If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." I've been thinking about this scripture a lot lately with this past transfer. This is actually the scripture that gave me the comfort and courage to be able to decide to go on a mission! I know that Christ has been by my side throughout my mission so far and will continue to do so. I have seen His hand working in the lives of other people and in my own. There is no way that any missionary could do this on their own--especially not me! I am so grateful to have the knowledge that He is my Savior and Redeemer and will give me the strength and courage I need to do His work. I will forever be grateful for this opportunity to serve and dedicate my life to Him.

I love all of you so much! I am so grateful for all or your prayers and support!

Love, Sister Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment