Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

Hello All,

I had a great Christmas! We got to spend a lot of time with members on Christmas Eve and we spent most of the day with Julie and her family! At the end of the day, we all bore out testimonies of the Savior and what He has done for all of us. It was such a spiritual experience! New years wasn't exciting. It was just another normal day!

Hannah (Julie's daughter) has decided to be baptized! We are so excited that she has made the decision to follow our Savior and enter into the waters of baptism. She has such great faith and such a strong testimony of her Savior. We have also started teaching the son of one of our recent converts! His name is Spencer and he is in primary. He is so sweet! 

When I skyped with my parents on Christmas, they asked me how my testimony has grown since I've been on a mission. I've been thinking about that a lot lately and I think my testimony of prayer has grown the most. Whenever I was having a rough day or if I didn't know how to handle a situation before my mission, prayer wouldn't normally be my first thing to do. I've learned that Heavenly Father really wants to help us--all we have to do is pray and ask for His help! I have received so many answers to my prayers and have received so much strength from relying on the Lord. I know that He really does hear and answer our prayers. He may not answer our prayers in the way we want, but He will answer them in His timing because He knows what's best for us!



I love you all so much!

Sister Jacobsen


No comments:

Post a Comment